Have You Been In An Accident? We Can Help!
An accident can be a traumatizing situation and then it’s time to make a decision and find some relief and ease the burden out of the situation.
We Hope You Are Okay
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
We understand, it may be your first accident or you may have been misguided during a previous one. We provide a link to a PDF from the North Carolina department of insurance (NCDOI) that will easily show your rights and choices. That way you are able to see your rights from the entity that regulate all insurance companies Click this link or the image below titled “North Carolina Department of Insurance: A Consumer’s Guide to Automobile Insurance”.
DO I HAVE A CHOICE FOR A REPAIR FACILITY?
If you are insured or are a claimant, you have a choice in who can repair your vehicle. An insurance company can recommend you a shop that works for them in your area, but it is against North Carolina law for them to steer you into the direction they see is best fit.
Steering is against the law!
WHAT SOME INSURANCE COMPANIES MAY TELL YOU
Just like not all body shops are the same, not all insurance companies are the same. Unfortunately, you may not know how good your insurance company is until you are in a position to put it into use.
- You have to use one of their “preferred shops”
- You must get more than 1 estimate
- You only receive a lifetime warranty from their “preferred shops”
- You may have to pay more if you choose a shop not recommended by them
- You must wait for an adjuster to evaluate your vehicle before choosing a shop
- You can’t get a rental vehicle until an adjuster evaluates your vehicle
- It will be easier and more convenient to go to a “preferred shop”
- The choice is yours – it’s your vehicle and you may choose any body shop and that’s the law
- By law, they cannot pressure you to have repairs done at a specific shop
- We provide a Lifetime Nationwide Warranty on all collision repairs
- We can write the estimate and meet with the adjuster at our facility to determine the best repair plan for your vehicle
- We work with major rental car companies directly and can setup your rental vehicle
- We work on YOUR behalf and manage the repair process for you, allowing you to sit back with less stress than your previous experiences.
Here at Speed Street, we repair your vehicle with your safety and the safety of your loved ones in mind. Every vehicle needs to be repaired back to manufacturer specifications to protect you and your passengers in the event of another collision.
Where to File a Complaint
NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE
The same way that there are good insurance companies and agents, there are also bad ones. As mentioned, steering is against the law and it is unethical for an insurance company to disregard the importance of safe OEM parts. To file a complaint with the NC Department of insurance, Click Here or the image below.